Problem: A Windows 7 PC is showing up in Windows File Explorer (Windows 10) but the PC and shared content were unaccessible across the Network. Double clicking the PC Network folder / icon produced the following error message: Error Code 0x80070035 “Network path not found”. This PC and it’s shared folders were previously accessible.
1. Log into the Windows 7 PC I was trying to access
2. Control Panel / Network and Sharing Center
3. Right Click Local Area Connection
4. Select Properties and Switch off – Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
5. Click Apply
6. Restart both Windows 10 and Windows 7 PCs
7. Windows 7 PC – Switch back on Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
8. Fingers crossed the Windows 7 PC is now accessible across the Network!